Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Remember me?




 Dear Death:


Do you remember me, AnnaBee when I saw you at the hospital?  I'll never forget that night.  Everything was white; pure white.  Not the white of hospital ceilings but the white of an everlasting snowstorm all around me.  There you were standing over me, tall and mysterious.  Something I couldn't resist.  You offered me your boney hand, so bleach white and twisted.  I would have taken it had it not been for Life.  What a brute he is.  He brought me back to his world and now I 'm alive again.  But Death don't think not of me, I want to be dead more than anything and I want to be with you.  I'll never forget you.  Don't you worry, Mortal Life will one day get sick and tired of me and hand me over to you.  That's what I don't understand about Mortal Life.  He only has us until we prune or go bad and then he just gives us away!  But you don't give us away.  You take us all to peace and you never let us go if we prune.  You are so kind.  Please keep in touch with me my dear Death.


Sincerely, 


AnnaBee Twitchet



No comments:

Post a Comment