Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hello again

Hello again Death.  It's me, Winston Bartly.  You may not remember me, but surely you'll remember my mother.  Do not bother telling me how she is; I already know.  You made her so happy.  Grandma let me see her as she...well..."left."  She had a smile on her face and looked as if--as if she found someone she had been waiting for for a long time. Her last words were: "Finally, my love, I've waited so long..." and then she just died.  Poof.  Dead.
I knew then that I didn't really hate you.  But of course I 'm stubborn and I'd been lying to myself that I still hated you.  Day after day I told myself that you're awful, and you made my own mother hate me (Don't be too bashful, I'm still angry about that).  But then I would remember my mother's face and realize that she at least loves yo.
As long as my mother has someone to love, I'll be okay.  By the way, I must know, did you take my father?  Can you possibly tell me if he and mother dance together now?  Mom's always wanted that.  She'd just sit and wish to dance with Her Love, which I should know is my father.  I've searched and searched for my father's name.  Nothing.  It seems like he's never existed!  I've asked all of my mom's friends about my father.  They only laughed and said, "You know, I think that Jane got stupid is all.  You're just a mistake."
I hate her friends...  I'm not a mistake!  There's no way!  I have to have a good loving father.  I just need to find him.  Goodness I've been so desperate to even ask my Grandma.  When I asked her though, she turned red with anger and yelled and cursed with a profanity that I can never understand:  See I don't ask her things?
Anyway, please give me word of my father.  Who he might be and if he's with Mother.

From a much older fan of yours

Winston Bartly,

P.S.  Sorry about the hate letter. I really don't hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment