Sunday, September 8, 2013

Fireworks

Fireworks
by whatever
to the music of HANA-BI

Human-made
by Pyromaniacs.
For the brief moment
I am alight
I am loved,
I am watched,
I am the world.

I don't realize my own existence,
for I am of the non-living.
In the explosion,
I am lost.
as I soar through the blackness,
I extend my invisible hand to the stars.

They have patterned the flower beforehand,
therefore I am nothing.
But may I alter my shape through all my will,
could I feel any gratification
by what they don't notice?

And therefore, I shoot
with the song of all humanity.
In this brief life like a falling star,
to show your eyes my colors.

For the moment I am loved,
I beam, I shine, I cry
to be defined in seconds,
to disappear to smoke.

Withering in the season,
autumn turns flowers to dust.
Allowing one blossoming hope,
for my sparks
to fall in your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment