Wednesday, October 9, 2013

They Feed on Life

Ah, I would like to tell this.
last night I woke up in the middle of the night to a dull sensation of pain in my left arm. In the dark I peered over my blankets to see what appeared to be a rotund white monster gnawing on my flesh. For some reason I wasn't scared at all, and I heard the gnawing sounds coming out of the corner of it's mouth. I remained indifferent to the whole thing. When I woke up in the morning the monster had gone, and I had difficulty lifting my arm which had gone numb throughout the night. I was dully surprised to notice that there were no bite marks or flesh wounds at all. I knew for a fact that it hadn't been a dream, but for some reason I wasn't scared at all, nor did I care. It felt like I was under water, and I was caught in the apathetic part of mind.

The next night was much the same. As were the nights for the next month. Each morning I woke up with my arm numb, but looking much the same; with no marks or blood. For some reason, I never cared that each morning it would take longer and longer to get the feeling back in my arm again. I never told anyone about this experience, and never felt the drive to. My life was the same outside of this strange experience every night, although my friends often commented that I never said much and joked about how it felt a little unnerving to be around me.

Two months after this continued happening, they stopped hanging out with me, and even went out of their way to avoid me.

At the time it was winter, and my arm had come to the point that the numbness wouldn't go away until late in the afternoon. A scarce group of students had begun bullying me; kicking and dragging my body across the cement behind a small storage building near the school when the hours were out. They hated me immensely because I never screamed out, nor gave any grimaces to pain. They wanted me to scream at any cost, and at one point desperately set my hair on fire. But I couldn't even react to that, and one of the girls got scared and put it out by dumping a pail of gutter water over me. The truth is, I couldn't feel any of the pain. It didn't hurt. When they were kicking me, the numbness spread over my entire body to the point that it felt like it was someone else's. Through my apathetic mind a slow, dull fear began to spread, pushing it's way from my subconscious to conscious.

A few nights ago I woke up to the gnashing sounds of the monster as it was sitting on my bed. My entire arm was in its mouth, and it was sucking on it like a lollipop.  I noticed it was a lot larger than before. At the time when I first saw it, it had been the size of a beach ball. But now it was the size of a small boulder, and I could see the flesh of its loose skin hanging over the side of my bed. It noticed me looking at it, and it stared back with its large yellow eyes, smiling with its pointy teeth encircling my arm. I fainted back into sleep. I dreamed I was drowning in a cold ocean in the middle of nowhere.

I'm scared. I'm really scared. Because I know what it's doing now. Please someone help me. I started spitting up blood yesterday, and I can hardly move any of my limbs. My mother put me in the hospital, and they all say I'll get better. But I know I won't. I won't. Because it's coming again tonight, and it won't stop until it's eaten all of me. I'm scared, I'm really scared.

Please someone kill me already.

No comments:

Post a Comment