Thursday, December 6, 2012

I love you too

Death,

I wish I knew you more.  Mom knows you so well.  Every morning when I wake her for breakfast and pills, she has tears in her eyes and she says "no, no. NO! Come back to me my Reaper.  Why do you leave me still?  Why come now and leave me all alone!"
I ask her then, "Mama, why are you crying?  Nobody was here but me and Gramma."
She tells me then, "Oh, Winston, I saw Him in my dream, I saw Death.  He was so sad, Winston, so sad.  He almost took me away, but he wept and left me!  He left me in this rotten place!"  and then she takes her breakfast and lays in bed all day crying.  She's not the same anymore.  She skinny and she doesn't love me.  She loves you.
But I still love my mom.  I will love anything she loves.  I've loved the flowers she planted, the crack in the sidewalk and the tall man in the tux, so that she will love me.  I love you too Reaper.  I don't know how much I'll love you but I'll try.

Gramma says you take people away.  That makes me think: do you know were my Dad is?  Did you take him away?  I'm sure you'll know where he when.  How long do you take people away?  Is it a long time?  Will you take Mom away, and for how long?
Will you be like that man in the tux who took Mom away all night and she woke me up all happy and glad.  If you're like that, then I really want you to take her away so that she'll come back happy and glad.

From

Winston Bartly


No comments:

Post a Comment