Thursday, December 6, 2012

With love, hatred follows after

Mr Reaper,

Mom woke up this morning crying as usual.  But something was different.  She looked at me and got angry.  "Get out!" she said, "Get OUT!"
I said "But mom it's breakfast."
"Don't care for food or lousy medicine anymore.  I want you to go, Winston.  You're the reason why He keeps leaving!"
I started to cry, because I was confused and I asked why.  She sighed heavily and told me:
"Of course you I met Death in my dream.  This time I was sure he would take me, but I didn't want him to leave me again.  I told him to stop weeping for me and take me away!  But now I now why he weeps... You came up behind me, where I couldn't see you, but he saw it all"
"But Mamma I--" I tried to say, but she interjected
"No--don't lie to me Win, I know small children like you.  He saw you and he wept and left weeping.  That's why you cannot be here anymore.  I want to go, but it seems Death is hating me for leaving you."  Her voice went rasp and miserable again. "Please, go Winston, I can't stay here any longer.  Life can't have me anymore but Death doesn't want me with you to be taken care of.  Grandma will take care of you now."
I was so hurt with bitterness that my tears could not be held in and I left (dropping the breakfast tray and all).
Why Death why?  Why do you make Mom want me to go?  Why am I keeping her hear?  How can you even love with the way you are?  I don't love you anymore.  I should have never loved you in the first place.  I should have hated Mom.  There.  Now you can take her away. Take her away fast before I love her again.   
I hate you!

Winston Bartly 

1 comment: