Thursday, December 13, 2012

Meow, Mr. Death

Meow, Mr. Death,

I have to thank-you for all you've done for me. If it wasn't for you, I would be a simple carcass on the side of the road. But you gave me life and a purpose. You might've just passed me, and gave mercy because my fur is the same color as yours, but I will always serve you. The young kids that took a bat and some rocks to my head were bursting with life, and said something about my being bad luck because of my color. I ran and ran, and they chased and chased. At that moment I hated this color, if it was to be my demise, then I would bite at it with all my might. And after my head was sunken and bloodied, and bruises riddled my body, and my ears were torn, and my tail went limp in a straight line, I could feel your presence for the first time. You were black, like me, and I knew it because the white of life is the opposite. The giant kids were in white halos, and smiling in their game, but you were black, and frowning in the reality. I felt when you touched my head, and petted me with your gentle voice, that I was being healed. I no longer felt discarded toward my color; if it could be this kind.

I now live in heaven; a place that is not really a place, really, but a state. I am happy now, and have two tails that ripple in the boisterous wind of the world. You changed me so I could never feel anymore pain. So I love you. Whenever I catch scent of your aura, I run as fast as I can, so that maybe if I can find you there, then I can rub my head against you and purr. This is heaven. I am always mewing happily for joy, and there is nothing else I want then for you to pick me up and say, "You have been good, little kitty."

The white always call me monster when they see me, but I pay no mind anymore. I am only here to serve you. I will love you forever. Although, I do have one question. Why is it that whenever I pass someone on the road, that the people around them all soon wear our color?

-Pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment